View Single Post
Old 05-20-08, 01:12 AM   #64
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha prophecy
first of all what you think or feel about a rapper is all personal opinion, for two immortal technique has denied many contracts from mainstream labels so he has what it takes but continues to remain underground for many different reasons, the mainstream world trys to control what you rap about in all your songs, so why would you wanna go into mainstream and not do the music you love, i dont carea bout getting rich, or gettin on tv or radio, i just want people to listen to my music and like it, and i do shows and people show up and i make jsut enough to be happy. i dont need all the fame....

yes some underground artists are just artists who cant make it in the mainstream world but some choose to remain underground, because they wanna make full profit and remain in control of what they rap about..

technique likes to spread awareness on controversial subjects... ofcourse no major company is going to want to ally themselves to some of the things he says by publishing his music as is.. thats why they make offers subject to him toning down his steez..

which is fair enough for immortal technique.. i wouldnt call that a flaw in his case...

but that dude is a stand out emcee... theres not many like him.. and that remaining in control of your music excuse is often pretty fucken mis-used to be honest with you, its not like record companies are gonna take a cool song and demand you make it sound queer n wack.. and there really arnt many 'underground' emcees that talk about things all THAT controversial anyway these days despite what they might like to think.

the business side i hear you.. but going indy means you cant just get a massive advance and heaps more promo n you gotta go through little movements n shit somewhat like your doing bro..

established record labels are a gamble with low winning percentages dude... thats why a lot of cats would rather just fumble around small time with their indy labels and local fan base..

this is what adam was trying to say to you before... if you really believe in yourself and think you have everything it takes to make it in this industry, dont label yourself underground, thats like trynna pick up a chick at a bar with a sign on your head that says "Im an asshole"

the industry is a dick and the underground are assholes...

assholes hate dicks because dicks fuck assholes...

get my drift?