View Single Post
Old 09-03-08, 01:38 PM   #67
Cola
Pushin it....

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Me looking at people standing in line to get food stamps isn't proof that there's no middle class. It's just proof that people want food stamps. I don't know if more people are cashing in on the government's free ride, though I don't doubt that to be true.

But, how do you explain the high amount of people still living in houses in decent neighborhoods, still working, still paying for their own shit, etc.? I mean, I know a lot of people lost their homes in this foreclosure disaster, but people who knew what they were doing kept their homes, and didn't go into debt. I guess I'm a little unsure about what you're defining as middle class because what I consider middle class still exists today.

lol, n how many of those families do you really know?? Many people have lots n lots of credit card debt. Just because they are holding on, doesn't mean thats it ok...

I remember when i was younger, bein able to go do things....like go to the lake, or take trips...that shit dont happen ne more with alot of kids i know now, due to the fact of higher gas prices/living expenseses.....

although we might not ever agree on who is gonna get into office, or policies or ne thing

can we agree that times are much harder now than before?

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily