View Single Post
Old 09-03-08, 11:54 PM   #92
Mannie Fresh
New to RV

IP:

hah, i think u sort of ran with my "lost sight of the terrorists" comment and took it out of context... i obviously am referring to one group of terrorists in Afghanistan, not to just the ideology of terrorism, and applying that to all terrorists... and of course i understand that its hard to "kill" these groups because there will always be someone to replace them and to keep the movement going... i was simply making the point that we stopped focusing our attack on the people who were the Real threat because they Actually attacked us, but instead aimed our attack at a country that did not attack us but was believed to have nuclear weapons.... your whole concept of "you cant focus on terrorists" and "scare tactics" is a little too conspiracy theory to me.... im saying that we proved our message to the wrong people

and yea military signups were up... but thats because of the Terrorist Attack, not because of the Iraq "threat"..... and because the average American was almost brainwashed into thinking that Iraq was our actual enemy of more terrorism. Now that was the scare tactic, because they werent a real threat.... trying to attack afghanistan was not a scare tactic, per se, because they attempted to kill thousands of innocent people and the most important people in Washington...

sign ups did not increase to fight Iraqis, they were increased to fight "terrorists", which the government attempted to basically label the Iraqis as.... many people in Washington were smarter, and many more Should've been smarter.... Obama opposed the Iraq War from the start but now realizes that since we are already there we cant simply pull out all of a sudden... that would be more irresponsible than going there in the first place on false grounds

and btw, the thing about cars... there is actually a small likelihood that people will actually begin to be innately scared of cars and guns, just as many are innately scared of spiders and other deadly animals/foods/insects.... this has nothing to do with wat you're talking about, but i read a psych report basically discussing the possibility... its interesting to think about... babies are way more likely to be scared of a spider when they first see one than when they first see a dog or cat, another human, or even a gun....even tho the latter are obviously much bigger imposing figures or provide more danger... and this has to do with that classic discussion of survival of the fittest, and the survival instinct, and blah blah blah, moral of the story is that things like guns and cars havent been long enough to pass this instinct along (i never actually read anything about the possible genetic connection) but they believe soon enough theres going to be these innate phobias of guns and cars... just like there are phobias of heights, animals, and all the other dangers of the world... just thought it would be interesting

Fucka Katrina Gustav