View Single Post
Old 10-12-08, 05:27 PM   #40
.Ike.
Ike

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
dude what you're saying as the supposed to be best of all time shit, is OTHER's opinions.

like the OU team that lost to LSU. Before that big 12 game, Oklahoma was supposed to be the best team of ALL Time. they scored 50 in ALL their games. Including a 77-0 Thrashing of Texas Tech at Tech. Jason White didn't play past a first half in any game almost. Then they got smashed by a horrible Kansas St team. Those are just opinions, doesn't mean they were actually that good.

as for last yr's LSU. dude, they lost twice lol. If they went undefeated, you'd have a pt. But they lost to a great offensive team last yr. Kentucky. They couldn't stop the good offense. and they beat an overated Ohio St team.

I mean, you'd have to go way back to find an UNDEFEATED champ that won it by defense.

all I see is, USC offense, Texas offence, Ohio St. luck LOL that yr was fucking BS how they won all those games. Sloppy games all over. pshh... then Miami offense, Oklahoma offense. then i don't know past that.

but the defensive teams that won. They've all lost games too. mostly against top offenses

ok..let me ask you this...if Oklahoma was to win the National Championship with 2 losses...you would be extremely excited right? youd probably go out and buy an OU BCS champion shirt right? youd make a thread about how your team just won the NC right? Everyone else would be inferior to your team right?...because you just won the national championship game. It would STILL be a national championship. There is 1 champion crowned every year. 06 is the same as 05...it all counts the same. They did lose 2 games (with inflated scores due to overtime..it wasnt any sort of offensive massacre..trust me)..but their defense is what carried them..NOT their offense. I dont care is Ohio State was overrated or not...they had 1 loss..and deserved a shot at the national championship..that is who LSU should have played. They won soundly...on defense.

and you say that its just "peoples opinions"..but Miami came into that game a 14 point favorite. And go back and look...then try and tell me that Miami's offense in those years werent some of the greatest in the history of the game...if you dont think that..then you didnt do any research..or you just choose to ignore it. ANYONE that was alive in that era of college football will tell you that the Miami teams of that age was amongst the most dominating ever. And you also brought up 2 analysts earlier in this thread or the other..i cant remember...but the sports world is ran halfway through the media...like it or not. The media is paid to give you these comparisons about who is the greatest at what..and a lot of the times they overexaggerate..and a lot of the times they are spot on.

USC offense...Texas offense..Miami offense?...go look at those defenses...id say youd find a lot of those same names on NFL rosters. you CANNOT win a national championship with a sub par defense. It has never happened..and never will. Now i can point out a TON of teams that have won with sub par offenses. Thats just how the game of football goes....as well as any other sport. Offense catches the eye..and looks best to the spectator...but defense will get you to the promise land.
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote