View Single Post
Old 11-18-08, 04:17 PM   #4
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

This is pretty close to be honest, but I have to give it to Baph.

DARKMANNER - Personally, I like the piece and I don't. The lack of any color let it down, but its nothing you can't look past as a small thing. I liked the style of the lettering, you didn't try to be clever with it. The goon-type dude behind the word and the gun though I felt were a little predictable. Its like common usage to throw up a gun in the mix and it makes the piece lack originality. I do believe that I could work with it and throw up a nice colour scheme on it and it would look dope sprayed on a wall so props for that. But as it is, there is nothing really about it that makes it pop or give it any flare. If you know what I'm saying.

BAPH - A good piece, the keyline was ok but I've seen that whole dripping effect so many times before on the walls. I mean, I honestly haven't seen any real impressive and creative keylines before though. The lettering is fucking awesome. I love it, if I'm being honest. That letter "M" was sick and I don't know if it was intentional, but I like how the "O" reminds me of a horseshoe. Overall your piece stood out to me more, possibly because of the keyline making it have a bit of flare. But also, the lettering I was feeling more than Darkmanner's and I think the gun and shit threw me off of his piece really.

Good shit from both, but I was a little more impressed with Baph here.