View Single Post
Old 11-23-08, 09:37 AM   #2
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP:

man it's like you're psychic...over the last few months i've been thinking more or less the exact same thing lol....in UK it's even more to think about cos you gotta bear in mind that there is an alarming number of people in the US who don't wanna listen to a head from the UK over something as trivial as accent...they'd rather listen to lil wayne's goofy ass than rappers with a lot more talent....but then again it doesn't help that we've only got people like dizzy rascal acting as ambassadors for UK urban music, which puts us at a disadvantage cos he's wack as fuck...

i know people who are wack as fuck but because they appeal to people with shit for brains they seem to be making a lot more movements...seriously i could actually provide links but it's too embarrassing on my part....

don't get me wrong we've got dudes over hear , like Sway, who are mainstream who actually have dope bars but they ain't allowed to show off too tough because they have labels breathing down their necks telling them to simplify their lyrics so that people find it catchy....

thats why sometimes i just feel to produce instead, but even then you have the same problem cos if you have a killer track you produced, labels wanna turn you into a cash cow and then you lose credibility among real music heads cos they think you're only a one-trick pony...

independent labels are definitely where it's at....i would take creative control over huge exposure any day of the week