View Single Post
Old 12-14-08, 11:34 PM   #20
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
i think bradfords stats were Heavily inflated though by playing meaningless football.... they were either trying to boost up his stats against cupcakes or keeping him in against teams who had already put in the second string defense and/or stopped caring about the game since they're losing by like 40 pointss...

i mean even in the first game where they played one of the worst teams in college football, a school most people dont even know played football, he's still in the game in the third quarter Throwing the ball when they're up 50-2..... (they actually put in the backup at one point, and then took him out and put bradford back in!) in the cincinatti game he's still throwing in the fourth quarter (actually threw for a touchdown) and the score was like 50-20... still out there throwing the ball in the next game when the score is 42-7.... throws the ball 10 times in the fourth quarter in a game that was 42-17 before his first pass of that quarter... for christs sake the score was like 60-20 in one game and he was Still throwing touchdown passes... i mean bradford was even throwing the ball in the 4th quarter of the TTU game when the score was 58-14....

on the other hand, you had teams like Florida who actually took tebow out in the First half sometimes, or at least stopped trying to Throw the ball, lol... and then you had McCoy who completed 80% of his passes, personally gained 70% of his teams offensive yards, was the leader in pass yards, pass touchdowns, rush yards, and rush touchdowns on his team, in one of the best conferences (if not The best) in the country, and his team Won the game against OU... and dont give me some bullshit that Oklahoma was like beating up on Texas the whole time, and the running game needed to save McCoy... Texas only got ouscored in One quarter the whole game (7-3 in the 1st quarter, big whoop) and bradford couldnt win the game in basically the Only game they had a team Actually contest them... yeah he threw for 5 touchdowns 2 interceptions, no one is denying that he was the "stat" leader of the year, or that he Lost them the game... but he didnt win it either....

Ok, first off. It's fucking football. You try telling a kid that wants to play that he should only play one half. Fuck that, if it's 4th quarter of the 50-2 blow out then ok. But if it's the first few mins go ahead. Get a groove going. it's the first fucking game of the yr. Anyways, since you like to bring up bullshit here you go, game by game with Bradford's last pass attempt of the game.

Gm. 1 v.s. Chatanooga (Florida played Citadel LATE in the season btw so stfu)

3rd quarter with 9:05 left

Gm. 2 v.s. Cincy (big east champs if you didn't realize)

4th quarter, with a 20-45 lead and 7 mins left to give the sealing td. Bradford threw only 3 times on a 14 play drive to put the game beyond reach. ANY other quarterback would be in there at that pt. I guarantee you that. he never took another snap after that

Gm. 3 @ washington

3rd Quarter, 5:37

Gm. 4 v.s. TCU

4th quarter, 9:10. Leading 35-10 AGAIN, why go 3 and out and give them a chance to score a TD and be down by only 2 tds? Put the game away.

Gm. 5 @ Baylor

4th Quarter 11:15. Week before a big rival game I'd let my starter get a few extra snaps to get a rhytm. His last TD pass was midway third in this game, and he served more as a game manager to run out clock.

Gm 6 v.s. Texas

obviously had to play till end

Gm. 7 v.s. Kansas

4th Quarter, 11:32 only leading by two TDs at 45-31.

Gm. 8 @ Kansas St.

OU had 55 pts in first half and only scored a FG in second. So I don't wanna hear SHIT about this game.

Gm. 9 v.s. Nebraska

3rd Quarter, 2:08

Gm. 10 @ Texas Am

3rd Quarter, 9:07

Gm. 11 v.s. Texas Tech

I don't care wtf you say. You're playing the #2 ranked team in nation, you NEED to make a statement to show you're for real and deserve title spot. I'd keep bradford in all game. You dont show mercy to a top 2 team, especially a rival.

4th quarter, 14:58

Gm. 12 v.s. OSU

had to stay in late for obvious reasons

Gm. 13. v.s. Mizz

Threw late, but history was on the line. I don't see anyone complaining about it.

Basically, all you brought to the table was BULLSHIT. and majority of those 4th quarter throws were Bradford playing the role of Game manager and just converting 3rd downs or 2nd and longs to keep the drive moving and clock running. Why go 3 and out and give other team more time to rally? Put the game out of reach. The main goal is to win, not sportsmanship.

Also, Texas has a good D. Brian Orakpo racked up tons of awards. And Jordan Shipley is probably a better WR than any of OU's WR's. and he's a special teams threat too. He changed momentum BIG time in the OU and Tech games.

and thats the coaches decision if he wants to take Tebow out in first quarter or 2nd quarter. Last time I checked, FOOTBALL WAS A FOUR QUARTER SPORT. If a dude decided to play with one hand behind his back should the others be penalized cuz they wanted to use both hands and play logically? No. That's Tebow's problem, not the rest of the NCAA.

I can go on and on why Bradford's resume is stronger. NO weak games, Tebow and McCoy BOTH had games where they blew it and caused their team to lose with costly mistakes. Bradford, like you said, didn't cost his team to lose, Texas Outplayed them. not just McCoy, Texas as a team.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote