View Single Post
Old 01-11-09, 07:45 PM   #65
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP:

LOL butthurt? How? Because I’m defending my team against unintelligent fans like you? haha riight.....

As for making it every year and lose almost every year. How does that make you overhyped or overrated? LOL you won the games to get there, aka YOU DESERVE IT. last I checked buddy, EVERY conference champion of the 6 major conferences gets an automatic bid. So if Oklahoma dominates the big 12 year after year they DO deserve it. Win or lose, they’re a conference champion. Learn your facts.

Oh, and remember the coach of those ’94, ’95, and ’97 Nebraska national champs? Tom Osborne? Those teams are considered some of the best teams EVER. But why don’t you take a look back at his bowl record at Nebraska from ‘87-’93. Yup, 0-7. Few of them were national championship games.

Every coach and team goes through a rough stretch. Doesn’t mean they are overrated. They won the games that got them a place to be in there. If they lose in the bowls, it’s not being overrated. Maybe they don’t know how to finish. But undeserving of that spot? Nope..

So basically, what are you trying to prove? That Oklahoma was “overrated” this year? That they didn’t belong in the national championship? If I recall, 1 yard and a bad bounce prevented Oklahoma from going into halftime with a 21-7 or 17-7 lead. Also, if I recall the score was 14-14 in the 4th quarter. The game wasn’t “over” until 3 minutes to go when Tim Tebow converted a 3rd down into a touchdown.

Florida won, but if Oklahoma were “overrated”, they wouldn’t have had to fight how they did to win it. Unless you consider them undeserving as well. =/

So word, dawg. Blame me for being proud of my teams tradition. Am I supposed to believe my team blows because of a few recent short comings? No. Maybe that’s your style, but I’m not a fair weather fan. Whether it’s a loss by one touchdown, or if it’s by 10, I’ll stay an Oklahoma fan till the end.

I see this season as a success. 12-2. Big 12 champions. Heisman trophy winner. Great year. Not many teams have a year like Oklahoma’s. Try telling them these credentials make you “overrated” and watch them slap you across the face.

So when you actually provide some valid points, then come talk to me. Till then, just keep trying to bring down one of the storied traditions in college football. Good luck. It’ll be a losing battle. Does it really bother you that every year Oklahoma will be there competing for the national championship? That by the time you pass away they will surely have another 3-5 national championships wrapped up?

It’s great to be a Sooner fan.

Oh and btw, Florida also scored their lowest points of the seasons. It’s what happens when two EQUALLY great teams collide. LOL idiot

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote