View Single Post
Old 01-11-09, 08:59 PM   #68
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
yea, then again oklahoma averaged 54 points per game and dropped 40 points below that in the national championship game.... while florida averaged 44 and had a 20 point dip, oh yea, and they won...

and, yes, Spul, they are guaranteed a BCS bid, but they are Not guaranteed the National Championship.... and lets not forget that it was the BCS that chose who played In the Championship game for the Big 12... so it ALL of that is based on how people Rate them (or as ive been saying Overrate them)... there were other big conference teams that only had one loss who had just as much of a right to play in the big game as Oklahoma... my vote wouldve went to USC, because just like Florida, they had an explosive offense And a Great defense.... so yes, other people deserved to be there... if Pac-10 had a championship game and they got to like replay oregon state and destroy them, then it probably wouldve been no question USC

keep in mind that i am Notre Dame fan and that i Hate USC, and i have no really feelings either way about oklahoma... so trust me it strains me to say this

Ok, let me state this to you again. When two EQUALLY talented teams play, point averages go out the window. It’s a whole different strategy playing a championship game then when you’re playing some regular season game.

And Florida won man?!? Really? I didn’t know that. =/ Really quit trying to rub it in my face. If that’s your only point of argument, you obviously don’t have one. I’m proud of the way Oklahoma played, and am looking forward to next year.

Oh, great. Again with the three way tie thing. I won’t go into that again. But I wasn’t talking about this year only. I’m talking about the 6 times in the last 9 years they’ve won the Big 12. BCS didn’t help the other 5 times, did they? OU deserved to be in all those bowls they were in. This year, you can’t say anyone deserved it more, EXCEPT in hind sight. OU played a better strength of schedule, and provided more quality wins than USC. Those have to be taken into consideration. Plus, OU’s one loss is better than USC’s. The #3 team in the nation compared to an unranked team? hmm...

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote