View Single Post
Old 10-28-09, 07:16 PM   #54
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

IP:

Debatos, first let me say respect for answering my questions thoroughly and adult-like.
Thanks.

The only thing that confuses me is that Jesus/God has the power to help you after you're dead. Why condemn someone to an eternal fire in any case? If God has undying love for any of his people then why condemn them at all! Help them repent after death. It's his judgment right? Then why allow anyone to go astray? Sure some of them will by every means not accept him. That would be the only decision I think should result in hell.

One of the foundations of Jesus' teachings is Treat Others Like You'd Like To Be Treated, if you live in ignorance and ignore God you're whole life but you still treat others the way God wanted you to treat them. Why does that constitute hell?
Why is it that one thing that determines this? That's what confuses me.

The rest of your post I understand, sinning and repent.
Sinning is universal, you'll sin no matter what, I meant we all sin in our own ways. Like some people steal some don't but they lie. I just can't find God to be such a choosy person to the people he loves. It's almost as if he loves us all but the only ones he decides to give eternity is those who love him back. That is definitely not Unconditional love.

I'd like to believe God would accept them all. Forgive them at the gates some might say. Maybe that's idealistic to believe that God is that Forgiving.

Not saying one should not accept God and hope that he'll forgive your Killing spree when you get to heaven, morals still play an issue but, you know.