View Single Post
Old 10-29-09, 10:50 PM   #104
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rose
i just have a quick question... Q, you are a christian than you believe that Jesus forgives you of your sins against him and the father. But also by being a christian you know that you will not be absolved from your sins unless you are TRULY sorry for your sins... and as i was tought in my 12 years of catholic school, if you repeat an action of sin than you are not TRULY sorry for that sin, and hence are not TRULY forgiven.....

i mean you can say your sorry but if you repeat the action you are not really sorry and to think you are sorry is lying to yourself, but as you would know...cant lie to god... so in fact you are not forgiven for your sins... unless you stop lying to yourself and become truly sorry for your ways.....

all in all its just something i wanted to clear up with your conflicting argument

Whose repeating an action? I mentioned this about 4 pages ago when I marked the distinction between us being sinners by nature (Original sin caused by Adam's fall) and sinning by practice...

I agree that sinning by practice, meaning not being contrite for sin, will bring judment and God hates it...

That SHOULDN'T be the life of a Christian...

Adam said earlier that he fornicates, lies, and that he makes no qualms about it...That = practicing sin...

A true believer will sin, be contrite, but STRIVE toward being more like Christ...not boast in rebellion.

So, again, I ask...where are your assumptions coming from? I don't practice sin. But, when I do fall, I thank God that he's given us Christ who is the propitiation for our sin...by the shedding of his blood.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote