View Single Post
Old 10-30-09, 08:37 AM   #110
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabatos
What gives us the right? Okay first of all. The Bible says make disciples of Jesus. What does he mean by that? Does he mean dont do anything? OR actually spread the word? Hmmmm. Only Jesus can save them. We never said we can save them. Jesus saves them, but we deliver the word and they choose to believe and accept Jesus into their life or not. What gives us the right to try to save people? Um God. Tell me this. What gives priest's the right to say "God has forgiven you." Why go to priests and ask for forgiveness when the Bible clearly states that only Jesus can forgive them and only confess TO JESUS. Not the priest. What gives catholic priests the right?

Exactly...not to mention in Matthew 23 where Jesus says "Call no man on Earth FATHER"...and the FIRST thing you say at confessional is "Bless me FATHER, for I have sinned..." hmm

Well...let me be real right now...through all this talk...through all this speak of holiness and righteousness, we've been sinning in the meantime like Dabatos said...

No one is perfect...

But God is able to purge us...and cleanse us from our sin...

Even if we don't have a MAJoR slip up...we're still imperfect beings saved by a perfect Savior.

Jesus.

I think anyone who posts in this thread should read all the comments first...that'll save on the redundancy.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote