View Single Post
Old 05-12-03, 08:38 PM   #39
Lowd Mowf

IP:

^^Aiight, I avoided this thread for the most part after I posted my thoughts, but this kid is going to make me post again.

I know this might be a hard concept for a lot of people, but you peopel saying that text is pussy, aren't the best audio heads. I've peeped some of you, and you're garbage, you have a lot of places you need to improve. So, instead of picking on a medium that made you medium possible, why don't you give them credit and stop forgetting your roots.

Everyone came into audio through text, very rarely does somebody just jump into the audio scene with a mic. On or offline, it's the same thing. People don't just hop in the booth, they write shit to their favorite song, and tweak and edit it. They make sure that their lyrical basis is set in their writing before they move on to that vocal step. The writing is the foundation for audio, 'cuz anyone can run on a mic and talk bullshit (like some of the emcees at RBs), or you can think out the verse[s] and spit them with heart and feeling, because they came from you. You can relate to your material and make sure that it expresses what you are feeling at that time.

Another point I plan to make right here is this. I know you have heard of "ghost writers," who do nothing but sit around and write!!! So, the people you are making fun of, mocking, and calling "bitches" could very well be writing the material you are nodding your head to a few years down the road. Respect writing as another aspect of hip-hop.

Graffitti, b-boys, scratching, freestyling, ghostwriting, popping, flexing, etc., is all a part of the hip-hop culture. You cannot have one without all of the others. It's a mind-set, not a "level." Everything is on the same level, your skill is what determines what "level" you're on. I know some textcees that could bitch audio heads by posting a quick 16 bar keystyle. So, audio is by no means "better" then audio.

I know it might be weird, an audio head, defending the text kids. But I used to be a text kid, and I used to struggle and sweat and work on my material until I knew that you could read it and get the vibe I wanted you to get. It's hard work, and when it's done well, there is no knocking it.

Text and audio are just the skin of an emcee, their skill and talent is what makes them "bitches" or "ill."

SO READ THE SIG, 'CUZ MUH'FUCKAS \/\/\/