View Single Post
Old 06-02-03, 09:31 PM   #11
deacon
I Am The Light

IP:

DaGyrlRemarqabL:
This was a very interesting poem........The way you opened it with a beautiful night sky setting (making life seem to be perfect) and insantly a storm arises breaking all normality.
Further more as i began reading about a soon to be torn relationship i thought that this particular topic (FAITH)should have been presented with far more depth but by reading the last verse it instantly brought me extreme emotion/imagery/meaning to what faith was for.......I enjoyed the fact you catagorized the nights events from suddle mishaps and ended it with a terrible catastrophic event......I was wrong about this poem and i love suprises...I think some of the rhyme scheme at times was a bit basic but it brought your point across and with that i give this piece an (8)--nicely done

evilbombsquad:
Wow this was a different way to bring on a topic such as Faith......
Very simplistic but i believed it had its reasons--this reminded me of a childrens story very basic yet to the point. It lacked imagery for the most part but you kept it to the point of understanding. I feel it also lacked a direct meaning towards faith.

"But one day, it all did change,
and everything started to click.
Her mind was filled with music,
a basic rhythum she could pick"

this stanza seemed to be her point or begining of faith---
faith in what though? Music can generate many things but what kind of life and sorrows did this lady have? What generated her faith....Faith in what? Basically i feel that many would have overlooked this poem not understanding the very meaning or importance but it caught my eye enough for me to really decipher it. I rate this a (6) nice work

Finally: DaGyrlRemarqabL will proceed to the 2nd round. Evil nice work and thanks for being able to switch topics so suddenly.

-1-