View Single Post
Old 06-02-03, 11:39 PM   #14
deacon
I Am The Light

IP:

Eviley:
You had a typical approach to this topic...Do i think it could have been more creative? Maybe but i feel that you blessed the piece with a sincere motive--Many things are held dearly to when growing up with something as simple as a tree---It is ironic that the tree passed when the lady died. I think that was the highlight of this particular piece---imagery of something beautiful and pure eventually wilting away...very deep in many aspects---Imagery could have been better along with some of the lines but overall pretty nice piece, im giving it a (6.1)

Kapone:

I think alot of your rhyme scheme was typical in this piece nothing that really gave it originality in the rhyme scheme side of things...I did enjoy the fact you used the seasonal effect to the tree/persons life and the events that followed within each season...i think the metaphor was weak---things shouldn't need to be explained so thoroughly to get the point across. i never would have thought it if i didnt read the last couple lines...Some nice imagery--some things were original but the first couple lines made hurt the feeling of the poem. middle was very nice-ending was lacking

im giving it a (6)

this was an extremely hard choice but Eviley will go to the next round--Only reason is because it had better structure and a clearer meaning --nice work from the both of you

-1-