View Single Post
Old 06-18-03, 08:05 PM   #26
deacon
I Am The Light

IP:

Alright LOL i know. This week has been busy because i had some maddd work to do. heres the judging

-1-

varentao:

You know i really enjoyed this piece. It was very original and had some rather horrid/sadly true imagry. i have had dreams very similar to this piece or atleast parts of this piece. I think the scariest part about it is the transaction in the second stanza where beauty meets the beast. I wish i could go on about this piece but i must say im in a slight hurry... I think the piece represents much of humanity and the typical life style/thoughts most go through.
Im going to give this piece an 8.5 great imagry/great originality with the direction

Eviley:

Great start Eviley i must say your words were enlightening. The direction you took with this topic was really what i thought one would typically go with. i loved the way you expressed the leaving of the characters soul.

"at the light of christ and air
slowly feel life releaseing
and heartbeat ceaseing"

"i feel my soul release
and everyone around me is crying
i scream i am alive i'm not dieing"

I loved this verse the most....I think many that have past would like to let there loved ones know that there is a new life for them after death...The only real flaw i see in it (the poem)which may not be a flaw at all is the way the character dies. I understand that it is not unreasonable, people are shot and killed every day.I just feel it is the typical escape one uses for death when writing a poem. This was a great piece and i think you have shown your talent. im giving you an 8

Final:varentao wins great job to the both of you this talent shall be recognized...As for the other poems ill be back to get those finished sorry this week is busy..