Thread: My first piece
View Single Post
Old 08-06-03, 11:09 AM   #7
Deceit
Eternal

IP:

Hmm, i KNOW you're expecting me...But i'ma surprise you and not complain much.
The good points:

You've got a good 'ye olde' feel in parts as if you're planning to write history, it's intriguing;
'the wrath of thee '

'justice will be served'
This is a nice patriotic line which will relate to anyone, especially full-blooded Americans as living in the country alone forces patriotism.
Though this peice is very inspiring for a first one, i can't help but think it was dying to be emotional, but stayed below the surface...

Also, Iraq isn't really causing problems: 'Iraq is back in action causing a distraction', they were never in action, Saddam was at one point, you will recall that these weapons were sold to them through Americans themselves whether directly or not. Just ponting out that the historical context is blurred

Also there is hypocrisy, which should always be avoided in politics, although it is always present, hiding this benefits the outlook of your emotions and the peice wholly: 'the people of Saddam claimin we wont bomb
but if they breathe our toke I guarantee they choke'

Is that not generally implying use of Weapons of Mass Destruction, something you are trying to get rid of? And once again, Saddam has no people, he only has dogs, filthy dogs who are called politicians who are afraid to stand up for what every Iraqi wants, freedom.

I will tell of something here, in the hope that i will not receive prejudice...I am Arabic, and proud. Just as you may be American, African or anywhere and proud.
I say, as long as the innocent are not harmed and infastructure is given to the country, Americans MUST fight to remove Saddam, after all if they lost, who would win? This modern day Stalin? My father was tortured by Saddam, my uncle's and aunt's and cousins, killed, this man sent back a bag of bones to signify their death...I feel this peice, i agree with it, but i can't help thinking you are attacking the people rather than the politicians.

Overall, a nicely written peice, for a first of course, i can see emotion and if only it were brought out further. The structure needs some more concentration, but this isn't a bad peice by any means. Congrats on your first B-Squared