Thread: Help me elevate
View Single Post
Old 08-07-03, 03:05 PM   #9
PostMan

IP:

Im going to tell it to you like this ok. ITS HARD WORK. Dont just come with some BS idea that since u like hip hop/rap and u wanna do it that u can just pic up a mic and do it. this is a common mistake. YOU have to come up. talent is involved but doesnt play a big part. SOME people have natural talent. I had some u could argue but it doesnt matter. When it comes to rap the most important thing is PRACTICE. You gotta learn how to form sentences and using the correct wordplay when forming a verse. Its like english class. You format your verses certain ways for different effects on the listener. And importantly contrary to what people say you should NEVER start at text. Text is for rappers who need to work on lyrics and getting better. If your 100% text your just WASTING your time. I started out freestyling. and IMPORTANTLY take critisism. NEVER bitch when someone says your shit sux. ASK THEM HOW. most of the time there are others who feel that way. NEVER think your shit is Perfect. Their is always room to get better. shit I thought 8mile was my biography. I got booed the fuck off stage 11 times straight at underground mics/battles. You know why? because i could freestyle tight and come up with ok lyrics but i lacked IMPORTANT FUNDEMENTALS. Which was ryhme scheeming, Subject, AND UNDERSTANDING that people could give 2 shits about your feelings. SO prove them wrong, but most of all PROVE YOURSELF RIGHT. Just cuz people say you suck doesnt mean shit. BECAUSE YOU DO SUCK (not a personal attack). I had to learn this the hard way. After those 11 times getting booed i realized fuck them and im not going to impress those asswipes. so i did what i like to do instead of trying to rap like someshit im not. MOST OF ALL to me its about BEing real.. People can hear fake emcees as soon as u touch the mic. CLAIMING ALL THAT HARD THUG SHIT IS USELESS. YOUR NOT A BALLER (unless you are). Spit some dope metas and shit and ur str8.. AND BE YOURSELF.

Ok sorry for being so hard. you may not agree with EVERYTHING i say here but as long as you understand what im saying and grasp a piece of it. Ups to u dog and work at it. DONT get discouraged.