Thread: ~Spoken Word~
View Single Post
Old 08-12-03, 05:52 PM   #22
Calisto

IP:

Wow, I was completely blown away by this peice. The emotion that was in this states blatantly that you are disgusted with modern day "christianity" and then the fact that this was written as well as it was speaks very highly of you. Because not many people can master strong emotions and writting well at the same time, ususally it's one or the other. My favorite line was "Sunday Morning Saints To Monday Morning Sinners". Because I have been around people that have that "holyer than thou" type attitude and it ticks me off. You either completely devote yourself to Christ or you live in sin like majority of America, which is no biggy but there is no grey area in Christianity... I mean I will be the first to admit that I am not a saint, nor have I ever claimed to be one, but there are people who have gone out Saturday night and come into the place where I worship and claim to be holy smelling like weed, alcohol and other things which I am not going to mention. People do take certain aspects of what should be the average Christian life and make fun of them... What should be a stigma on the Catholic church has become a mockary and something that these men get away with because America finds irony humerous. The situation disgusts many people, and it's not everyday that you see some one who can take a topic like this and write so well on it. Making valid points in few rhyming words is a skill, you most definatly posses it. This was an amazing peice... I enjoyed the entire thing and I even like how the title plays into it. (call me odd but understanding something that comes from some one so deep makes me feel a little bit smarter...) Peace bud, keep writtin