Thread: The Lioness
View Single Post
Old 08-27-03, 08:01 PM   #8
varentao

IP:

Well, well, well...er...oh yeah, she comes out wth another piece ridden with imagery and indepth emotoins. Going hand in hand so well...

I got a basic meaning out of this. A woman who loved her husband/partner for so long. And felt he loved her just as much. Putting soul mate in there confirmed that for me. It was very deep love for her.

But he betrayed her by having an affair (or along those lines). And now she feels hurt, like she's leaking her soul. she's shedding tears, and as she looks in the mirror, she gets that emotions of disgust. Disgust in herself for not being good enough for him (you know what i mean, sorry, it's the psychologist in me), but also a digust that she's let him get to her. She's crying for his mistake. But then i couldn't see any real thing she could've actually died from. Nothing too apparent.

So instead i got an even more basic meaning. Using the same basis as what i said above. Of him hitting her (for the first time? Maybe it's happened before). Possibly after he's done something bad (like an affair maybe? Or killed someone, and she's gonna tell or something...i dunno). And she dies from the wounds.

I like the lioness metaphor. As it shows her as a woman with pride and strength. It brings soe much more details to her character.

Something along those lines.

Nice read indeed.

..resp...