View Single Post
Old 09-08-03, 09:39 PM   #82
Jes
Light Weight

IP:

<< I know what you mean. and I agree that the mid-class is the largest class which gets the least. But that doesn't need to be solved monetarily. It needs to be solved politically. If you want change go to your next city meetings, get involved. Employment is still be effected by other things other than money, you can't solve unemployment with money and the democrats in california (especially Davis), are going to impose a tax on companies who hire abroad. The computer industry is known for hiring overseas and establishing business on islands and they hire out of country to save money on labor as well as avoid paying certain taxes. Doing this, hiring laborers for cheap and not hiring their own has caused employments recent rift.

What you said has nothing to do with the money spent on foreign affairs. It's all within our country and dictated by our government. Hey, I'm not by any means against the U.S. infact we're better off then some, but you can't say that this country doesn't take care of theirs. Yes, how you going to fix the world if you can't fix home yet, but remember we're a democracy the people may not rule, but we do have a say by who we elect in office. you can even take measures beyond that... funny thing is that mid-class has the most votes.