View Single Post
Old 09-22-03, 10:06 AM   #217
Maven

IP:

Heres my contribution besides clownin B-Squared.

Countries are stupid things. I mean, they're good when it comes to keeping the peace with law and stuff, but when someone disagrees with someone else's form of The Status Quo, they decide to turn whatever peace existed into chaos. Thus, I maintain that countries are stupid things. They are an invisible line on the ground that further divides the human race, an invisible line that people are willing to die for.

Nationalism is a sham. Just because you live in America instead of Ghana, for example, doesn't make you any better or any worse. If someone from Ghana had something interesting to say, they wouldn't be heard because of where they're from. So taking pride in the fact that your country allows you to say what you want is just stupid. Chances are, nobody cares what you have to say anyways.

Having a thread about America is retarded. I Don't know why you'd waste your time with a government that would rather travel across the ocean to fight terrorism, rather than fighting it in their own streets.

But there's the invisible line again, see?