View Single Post
Old 09-25-03, 11:13 PM   #7
BLACK FLAME

IP:

Quote:
Originally posted by ...OpeY...
every mixtape is like that tho. when you buy a cd from mixtapes.com its professionally pressed. thats just how its done. its less about makin money and more about puttin out somethin that everyone can enjoy. People appreciate when you put a lot of effort into stuff like this and I put a whole lot of effort into this. i designed all the cover art for the cd and I spent a lot of time in the mixing process. I contacted a lot of people to be on this. So I also wanted my first music project to be something nice to be able to keep and remember. The artists on here all deserve the good quality representation of their work as well.

All said and good but pressing cd's is not a cheap thing and dudes on the net are know for not to buying shit. Most cats get the bootleg version or nothing at all. I WOULD see logic in it if it was moving units (Enough to break even) or possibly getting in the hands of someone big but that's not gonna happen most likely. A producer would listen to a cd and hear one cat he didn't like and discard the whole cd without futher thought. Let's be real not everyone came super dope on this( I aint saying some cats came wack) But I could see how someone would say one of these cats were weak. But I don't hate a person doing his thing good luck with the shit.