Thread: status of radio
View Single Post
Old 10-02-03, 07:51 PM   #19
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

IP:

Well if you live by colleges sometimes you might catch a hip-hop segment on the college radio or something.....but for the most part the best way to go XM Radio or Sirius Sattalite Radio..you gota go to Best Buy and they'll hook that shit up...Some of the newer 2004 model cars are coming with then already....

BUt as far as the radio situation in the current state of hip-hop..this is a high and long mountain for poeple who love the culture to clime but I think it can be done with everybody understanding whats going on....

The music industry is a monoply to begin with..And its only like 4 REAL music companies that control EVERYTHING...BMG, Universal, Sony and I think Polygram..all of your favorite record companies work up under these powerhouses....for example....Shady/Aftermath is under Interscope which is under Universal...

Universal has the power and mucle and corporate power to get the artist under they label to get played on urban radio..ever wonder why when you travel somewhere and turn on the hip-hop station in another city and they playin THE SAME SONGS?..becasue really its all the same station..ITs only 2 major urban radio outlets...Clear Channel and Radio One..all of the urban and pop stations in every city is under either one of those two..So if Universal can PAY (notice I said PAY) Radio One enough money to play a 50 Cent record then you gonna hear it everywhere you go all the time..becasue they got cheese like that..and even though it's agaist ethics..the radio excepts payolla..I know first hand becasue I had an oppratunity to have a meeting with one of the Progran Directers of one of our urban stations 105.9..and he told be I gotta come up with $3200 for ONE SPIN!..so imagine how much regular rotation cost...so how is the underground indie and upstart gonna compete with that?..They got it set up to discourage you...So being dope as hell is only a fraction of the battle in getting commercial success....

...Cotdamn..that was alot of shit!...
..by the way reading is fundamental mu'fuckas......LoL...

Bang On The Table Productions