Thread: British rap
View Single Post
Old 10-14-03, 03:39 AM   #13
Atetrack define'

IP:

oh man,im gone for how ever the fuck long ive been gone for,and i see the same thing!.
lol.oh well cant help that.
to answer your question.
i do beleive theres mass talent in the u.theres alot of heads there,if their style is anythign that would be picked up as mainstream in other ocountries i dont know...i mean...look @ whats mainstream now in terms of hiphop,look @ whats blow up...lol...its bullshit im sorry.the biggest thing out of UK at the moment i think would be Big Brovaz....wich is jsut hsite anyway...dizzee rascal will get some heads nodding but i dont see him blowing up in a hge way. wich is a shame.but you have to look at the market @ the moment...mostly very confused white kids trying to fit into a fad,most hiphop heads wont go near somethign commercial,well very rarely.
unfortunetly hiphop has become a big time business. and to get into it you have to be very lucky with your conacts.and how many underground british heads have contacts with big american record exec's?...not many.
like tendincies mentioned,the majority of shit comes fromt eh US .so really you have to be there to get into the mainstream shit nahmean.
...but why would you want to be...
but theres massive amounts of illness in the UK,i wish i had more acces to the shit to be honest,its always real nice an different.