Thread: A Cry Of Joy
View Single Post
Old 10-18-03, 08:26 PM   #2
Legendary
Light Weight

IP:

I'm not really sure if I liked this or not. I couldn't catch onto the topic. This was about you being happy that you found God? Found more to life?

I liked the second stanza. It looked like you were remorseful in it. With the judging people part. Seeing people admit they were wrong and try to correct it is always a good thing so I liked reading that.

"Wishing i can make things right an water me
Let my roots grow and take a good stance
Im'a camera, lemme take a picture of a chance
Watch me, stop me how, im gunna change my style"

Those lines were interesting. Looks like something right out of the Bible. I haven't seen a whole lot of poems where people word it like that. Asking to be watered, and grow into a good stance. Nice stuff.

"Thinking I had nothing, an nobody, but somebody loved me
Showed me they cared but i turned my back so slightly"

Were you talking about God as that somebody who loved you? If so, you kinda described me in that second line. Unfortunately I still turn my back even though He shows me he cares... I don't get it...anyways

Ummm, overall this was pretty good. Parts of it I didn't really follow well cause it seemed like you went from one thing to another abruptly and left me wondering where it went. The spelling could have been checked to add improvement..not to improve the writing but just for the reader. Deciphering words is not always fun. Just my 2 cents on improvement. Nice Job.
Send a message via AIM to Legendary Send a message via Yahoo to Legendary   Reply With Quote