Old 10-20-03, 02:40 PM   #21
xkwest

IP:

1. shift-5
2. select "loop" - f2
3. highlight that shit
4. loop "on"
5. select "params" - f4
6. on the right side: where it says beat.... adjust if necessary to the correct amount of beats that sample is..... remember 4beats equals 1 bar... 8 beats is 2bars.... and so on....

7. Also on that right field is the where it says new tempo is the actual bpm of the sample...

8....you probably already know steps one through 7.....

9. on the left field is tune.... basically this is adjusting the pitch... notice how when you increase the pitch... the bpm increases......
^^...i always adjust the pitch first before bpm matching....

10. now for the actual time-stretching....

11. press f1 or f2....dosen't matter....

12. select "edit" - f5

13. flip to the time stretch menu(you know... where it has ratio: preset: .....)

14. for me.... i don't fuck with that screen... fuck that ratio shit.... fuck that preset shit... fuck the adjust amount... fuck all that... for me its a waste of time... and its too much calculating shit... when sometimes the result is a metallic sounding sample.....
15. so what i always do is.... bpm match it... basically i enter the bpms i want....

16. select "bpm" - f2

17. go to the new tempo field... and enter the bpms you want...

18. PRESS ENTER.... IF YOU DIDN'T THEN YOU DIDN'T DO SHIT...

19. press do it......

20. walla... the sample is adjusted to the proper bpm

21. i always turn my loop mode off... that holdin' down the pad-waiting for the loop to end type of shit ain't cool with me...
you said something about poly and mono.... if have the sample with the loop mode on.... then it will always show note off..... thats why i have the loop mode off... so that i can have the sample in mono.......
^^,,, for me this is better.. cuz i can stutter the sample... and also do a little melody using the 16 levels function....
****.... i always^^^ go through these steps.... before choppin' the sample....

as far as using recycle.... i use it on occassion... mostly for big synth heavy samples that are large in polyphony therefore takin' up many megabytes... sometimes i just don't like to wait for the waveform to render in the mpc...