View Single Post
Old 11-17-03, 03:59 PM   #1
FanTa ZeE

~Burn The Memories~

IP:

Morning arises from the black of the night uncovering secrets known only to me,
The embers dying along with my soul, but if thats all that it takes to be free,
Melting possessions thrown in the fire alongside the memories of my clouded brain,
Out on the hill as the dawn slowly breaks, in a few minutes i'll escape from this pain,
Love letters that once made me cry out for joy, my happiness fading into the ashes,
As the fire burns out, giving way to the blazing sun, which contrasts the pale sky, and clashes.
A ring that was used as a false representation of all the dreams i'd experienced before,
An old silver locket, bearing a picture, of the man i once used to adore,
Confetti kept back from the day that we swore, our bodies to each other, under Gods eyes,
A tiny, pressed rose, from a beautiful boquet, is all that i kept for the tears i've cried,
The only thing worthwhile, in the large silver box that i kept back to remind me of you,
This rose was the only thing that you gave to me, the only love i believed to be true.
As i throw in the last of the items, i bid my sorrows to rise and roam free,
They can't haunt me, now that everythings gone, vanished like the pain you caused me,
I don't think of those now, when the sun dragged his head, above the emerald hill where i lay,
A few scars and a rose, was all that was left behind, on a hated mans funeral day,
I'll go to the church, i'll sing with the angels, but not once will a tear be released,
You didn't care for me at all when you were alive, so why should i care now you are deceased?