View Single Post
Old 11-28-03, 11:33 PM   #4
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

IP:

Theres nothing I can say about the technical aspect of this. Everything was on que. The flow, the rhymes, the structure, everything.

As for the rest of the peice...

Hm... y'know every line you put into this seems to me to be the truth. And so when I read such literal lines, I take it as a literal meaning. But I know better, and everyone always has an ulterior motive to their peices. Kids today can't help but have double or even triple meanings in their peices.

But you put so much of reality into it, that it's hard to find the metaphor. But I found a metaphor, whether intended or not. Because this peice reminds me of a person who trys so hard to accomplish something, and when that person does, fateful irony turns it against that person. Kinda like... a person tries so hard to be a rap star. So very hard. And they do this, and they do that, and they get props, and they get respect. And then they finally reach a point where they have nowhere to go. Eazy E and Eminem are good examples of this, because then they just become parodys of themselves. Even bands like Metallica have become a joke of what they once were.

I think that' what I got out of it. I think it's like, somebody, anybody, tries so hard to accomplish something. But somethings have ways of accomplishing somebodys. But that's just me.