View Single Post
Old 12-15-03, 05:34 AM   #94
wogzta

IP:

Talent or Not...his gimmicks sells.
Have you not noticed the pattern? Bouncy lead single to get him 3 million x platinum and serious follow up
Hi my name is then Guilty Conscience
Real Slim Shady then The Way I am
Without Me then Comin out the Closet
Have you not noticed that, and that his 3rd single usually is the less known of the bunch.
Role Model, Stan(haha), and then that other song with Aerosmith's sample.

Skiddz is 100% correct. Why doesnt anyone just admit that if they had the oppurtunity to make $80,000,000, and all they had to do was make a song that appeals to kids, they would do it? Dont tell me you wouldnt make a pop single if it could land you a 8x platinum album. Thats straight bullshit if you say youd "stay true". And whatever you may say, Eminem is a gimmick in the media. Use your money you cheap bastards and buy the Slim shady LP and Marshall LP, and listen to the songs that ARENT titled my name is and the real slim shady. Even against underground rappers, he has some of the best multis, and hes unique in the mainstream, no one else is like him in the mainstream. I admit these days hes all gangsta and average lyrics, but i dont bump his stuff these days. But most of you hated him always for the simple fact that he started making money, and that hes white. I havent really listened to Scrot much, and im not doubting that he mightve sonned eminem, but eminem does have talent, and his old records were lyrically powerful and original. Just cos he has 3 pop singles per album, doesnt make him crap. Sure the lead single (which is gimmicky like skiddz said) are horrible, but who the fuck said that one song represents his skill? Even if Stan (lol) was a pop style song single, it had a great story. And you cant say The Way I am has crap lyrics and is a sellout song. Just cos some of his songs happen to be catchy, does not make them crap. Neither does the fact thats hes rich. Don't you realise, that if rappers dont make money, they'll eventually give up? Do you think Eminem would've made 100 infinites. NO! He was ready to give up until Dre heard his SECOND album. So if it wasnt for the mainstream, no one would know eminem, and Nelly and Ja Rule would be representing the mainstream, meaning everyone besides underground fans wouldnt know a single thing about rap. At least when some pop fan says "eminems my favourite" they like a good rapper. Shit, its better than hearing "Chingy is the best rapper ever!"