View Single Post
Old 12-17-03, 08:59 PM   #5
Tha Duce
Duce I Rae

IP:

Quote:
Originally posted by Phate
^^^agree.

first get a program...i'd recommend FruityLoops. (That's what most novice producers use.) Reason is good as well but i don't find it as intuitive. You can dload this free of Kazaa, but their are bogus versions so it may take a few tries.

You can run this on any comp, if it's slow then u'll only be able to arrange 5-10 tracks at a time instead of 20-30. Learn the program and only upgrade u'r comp when u find u'r maxing out it's power.

Getting a MIDI Keyboard is an extra....it's not essential to making beats, but it can save a lot off time and allow you to be a bit more creative.

Sum advice, buy a magazine: Electronic Musician, Remix, Computer Music, Future Music, etc. and look at the pictures of a modern day home studio. They all center around a pc. Keyboards and other hardware is involved but basically they are all extra's. The most important piece is the pc, the software, and knowing how to use them.

Count't of said it better myself smart as always phate

[COLOR=Blue]
Send a message via AIM to Tha Duce Send a message via MSN to Tha Duce Send a message via Yahoo to Tha Duce   Reply With Quote