View Single Post
Old 05-02-05, 11:51 AM   #2
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
can you plug them all into a pc or do u have to get a speacial lead or connecter or w/e coz im getting a new mic for my birthday... its a decent one n i dnt no if it goes into the p.c so i was wondering can all mics fit in to the computer?

Honest answer is "it depends". On your factory audio card it'll have a 1/8" input for shit like beat-ass computer mics and such, but you can use a 1/4" to 1/8th" converter that's like 3-4 bucks and get a mic to work. However, using that will cause increased static and loss of clarity on any mic that's actually clear in the first place. The alternative is to get a pre-amp that is designed to be used with computers (known as an Interface) since it'll have a USB connector that WONT have static and loss of clarity like that 1/4th-1/8th converter through a POS stock audio card will. I reccomend the M-Audio Fast Track Interface very highly.

Does this help?

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote