Thread: Pantomime
View Single Post
Old 12-05-10, 10:58 AM   #1
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Pantomime

IP:

A 'pantomime' in Ancient Greece was originally a group who 'imitates all' accompanied by sung narrative and instrumental music.
theres a whole history behind this word, even relations to christmas and male effeminacy(solja boy dances; drake's gay ass)
i feel this word really encompasses the freemason way of capturing an adience and that the main stream rappers are taught or directed according to the themes of 'pantomime'
one other aspect i've found interesting is the relation of 'pantomime' and this saying "Imitation is the 'sincerest' form of flattery." i feel this phrase/theme has been minipulated over the years and is an obvious form for 'rappers' to empathize with their 'costomers.' having old guys like mm and jay-z be able to appeal to the younger crowds more, for example.
jay-z's song "i know what you like"- i think thats the name, but thats the main theme in the song anyway. i feel what is ment by this is that people like to be flattered and the best way to do it is through pantomime themes... imitation. because in reality, how long can a multi-millionaire relate to their broke ass fans? and yes i am not quite fully comprehending the theme of greed/money because that is the very most surface theme that can be used to get dumb little kids to look up to 'rappers', but please speak about pantomime before the greed/money idea cuz that, if not directly related to the 'topic' is too easy.

1 THESSALONIANS 2:5
You know we never used 'flattery', nor did we put on a 'mask' to 'cover up' our greed

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote