Thread: (eph)-Diary
View Single Post
Old 04-18-05, 03:50 PM   #8
diman
you dont know me

IP:

* the extended interview... for those very interested members.

diman: What are your current goals, what are your current fears?

DQ: My closest goals at the moment are graduating high school and getting accepted in a university in the USA. I always wanted to study abroad and I will probably major in journalism, communication or English. I change my mind quite often though but I have been thinking about this for a while already so I believe I made final decision now, or at least the direction I want to go with my studies.

Another goal of mine is being able to share my music, my passion with a certain amount of people. I don't know when this time will come and maybe it'll never come but it is definitely something I set my mind to. I will do anything within my power and ability to reach these but if I don't, I won't regret striving for them.

My biggest fear is that I will not be able to achieve anything before I die. I am afraid I won't be able to go where I want to go, to do what I want to do, to be where I want to be, to live how I want to live. There is this aching inside of me which is hard to explain but it feels like I am being restricted in my abilities, as if I am locked up in a golden cage. I have told my parents I do not plan on sticking around for too long but I feel they are not accepting my decision. I'm scared I will be forced to hurt them so as to live my own life but it's my life, I have to live it the way I want to.

diman: You joined February of 04, there must be one thing you’ve learned during your rap verse existence, im curious...to what that might be?

DQ: Well, a few days ago I re-read my very first rap and it was just horrible! It didn’t even rhyme and was filled with clichés as well as basic vocab. By reading a lot of pieces and battles, I elevated so much and I grew as an artist. Many on here helped me without even knowing it and also my English improved heaps for that was my biggest struggle before, the language difference. RV also taught me not to take things so serious sometimes and to be confident, to trust in yourself and your abilities and to not give up.

diman: I cant be the only one In love with DQ’s character....can I call you queen? I mean Queen, I’ve noticed you have so much knowledge, and as an artist I assume you are driven by some force, what is it that makes voicing your opinions so wholehearted?

DQ: Intelligence can be defined in several ways I think because I might get good grades or come over as intelligent but I’m not genius. And if you’d drop me in the middle of Chicago for instance I probably wouldn’t even last a day. I believe everyone can be smart, one way or the other. I learned to respect everyone’s opinion and treat them right unless they do something wrong to me or my loved ones. I just feel I have the right, just like any other human being, to express my thoughts and views on a certain matter and I try to do this in a somewhat understandable way. I do not consider myself smart though, I just know right from wrong and how to word what I’m thinking.

diman: For members that are overwhelmingly underrated, like troop & kesse....what relation do they have to the godly imagery you pour into each of your verses, and still be slept on?

DQ: The only solution to slept on battles in my opinion is to vote on as much as battles yourself and ask to return the favor. If everyone would vote on a certain amount of battles each time they sign on, the inactivity amongst voters wouldn’t be so big I think. I would be a hypocrite if I claimed I voted on battle each day but when I have a battle open, I try to vote more than otherwise. Just vote, vote and keep on voting I suppose while hoping some of those will return the honest favour. I think there should be more voting threads, I opened one myself when I was bored because I knew it would help others.

diman: If you drew a parallel between yourself and Christ, what impression would you most want the world to receive from you, Queen?

DQ: Well, there’s a huge difference between me and Christ in first place rofl…but I’d want people to learn from me that it is okay to be yourself, that you don’t have to worry about what others may think. It’s your life and you have the right to live it the way you want to. I also want them to learn that you can laugh at your own mistakes as long as you learn from them, don’t dwell on the past but live in the present and think about the future. I will quote something a friend once told me: “Shit happens. You step in it. You wipe it off. You walk on.” That’s exactly what I want others to learn from me, there will always be obstacles but you have to stay strong in order to overcome them.

*enjoy and leave feed back in LL