Skadoosh!

RapVerse's 10 Most Influential Crews

IP:

RapVerse's 10 Most Influential Crews
Judged by Popular Opinion
and
Brought to you by Nick Fletcher.

#10 – The Blueprint
This crew comes in at number 10, simply because back in the day of its creation it was one of the “elite crews”. With pretty much every crew around them taking in fresh faces daily, the Blueprint stuck to its guns of only accepting a select few. They weren’t about the numbers game, they were about the quality, and back then they boasted a couple of notable members in Jpoll and Daclassic who were thought to be some of the best back then. I believe they were the first crew to block outside eyes from peeking in with the use of the now commonly used password protection. This crew was like a hot club back in the day, pretty much everyone wanted in, but if you weren’t on the list then you didn’t get no entry. Although they weren’t around as long as some crews, they made an impact and attracted probably more members than most.

#9 – B.R.A.N.C.H. S.T.A.T.U.S
Arriving at number 9 is a crew founded by an old online buddy of mine, Mr. CounTREE Jay. This dude brought in several decent battlers into his crew and established what I still believe was the first “real” battle crew. Other crews battled here and there, Branch Status welcomed all challengers and more often than not they came out on top. CounTREE Jay and Mic-Wrecker were a formidable tag team back in like 2004, generally leading the forefront in crew battles against any crew that challenged them. Branch Status elevated the trend of crew battling and was one of the most influential in bringing the era of crew battles to RapVerse. They are still remembered today for their influence, and I believe they will be for some time to.

#8 – STFU
Still going today, the number 8 pick has to be STFU, and if you don’t know what they stand for then here is four words… SHUT THE FUCK UP! That has been their mantra from the get-go. Founded by one of the best battlers to ever grace this site, Mimesis, this crew was never about letting others know how good they were. They were simply around to tell everyone to shut the fuck up, they didn’t care who you were, what crew you represented, and they had no respect for anyone unless they earned it. It is also the only crew to date who have had an original way of trying out; yes, rather than drop some material or get invited, you had to post 5 links of you telling 5 different people to shut the fuck up. ROFL. They just loved to kick back, chill and chat, and tell everyone to shut the fuck up, and they started a trend of other crews forming to simply enjoy the entertainment of laughing and disrespecting people. So, they are my pick for number 8 in RapVerse’s 10 Most Influential Crews.

#7 – Authentik Intelligence
At number 7, is Authentik Intelligence. The debates that have gone on in the past at who the true founder of this crew was have been entertaining to say the least. I won’t be so presumptuous as to say who the true founder was, but our very own Deadly Visions brought this crew onto RapVerse. It is the only crew to actually officially take over another crew, the once notable crew of Murderous Methodz was on a dominant run, but then one day the disbanded and united under the AI flag. Since then this crew has had resurrection’s to rival the likes of Jesus Christ. It’s like they don’t know when to call it a day, and to this day now they are still around. For the time of their arrival, they had probably the most formidable line-up of battlers to ever appear in one single RapVerse crew. They took to crew battling with ease and wiped the floor with most challengers. Their only flaw was leadership arguments, the leadership of this crew changed more times than any other crew. Still though, they had a dominant run a few years ago before they finally settled into a spectator role, observing the newer up and coming crews. They take the number 7 spot for the simple fact that they are still talked about today and they have been surrounded by more controversy than any other crew.

#6 – O.Y.D
The first, the last, the only audio crew ever on RapVerse, yes, coming in at number 6 is the self-proclaimed greatest crew on RapVerse, O.Y.D aka Owning You Daily. It is not a lie to say that OYD is the audio division on the site, they have all the best audio heads and they have since they began. I’m not too familiar with their members as I am not an audio head myself, and I’m not too familiar with any possible crew battles… but the fact that I know who they are and how well respected they are makes them worthy of this spot. They set the bar for audio on this site and as of yet it has not been surpassed. Any new audio heads that join the site and display a general talent, they generally flock to this crew. So yeah, their influence stays strictly in the audio section of this site, but it is a great influence and that is how they like it. They don’t try to influence anything but the music and that is a respectable quality. They are my number 6 pick in RapVerse’s 10 Most Influential Crews.

#5 – The Council
At number 5, it has to be probably the largest crew on RapVerse and probably any site ever, it is none other than The Council. The home of the legendary Da Vinci who only ever pops up once a year or something like that. At one time they boasted an impressive roster of topical, text and audio battlers. They were formidable opponents and not many crews dared to challenge them. They are the only crew to date that incorporated structure and had a leader, and then secondary leaders (I guess) and then rookie members. They at one point completed, albeit temporarily, a monumental alignment with The Establishment, however difference of opinions soon killed that and they reformed as The Council once again. If memory serves, they are the second longest running crew (not counting Authentik Intelligence because of their countless resurrections), falling only behind Crhyme Sindicate. For their sheer staying power and influence of general wisdom throughout the site, The Council takes the number 5 spot.

#4 – Living Legends
Coming in at number 4, a crew that knows no bounds when it comes to hijacking members, it is the Living Legends. They were a crew for quite some time and they had a notable run in crew battles, defeating some crews that were considered to be superior to them. They were founded by M-Eazy who is sadly no longer with us after getting banned. Still though, his creation deserves this worthy fourth spot because Living Legends were without a doubt, the greatest crew for stealing members. Mock that achievement if you will, but it just goes to show the recruiting talent of the crew. They would lure members away from other crews, and when one member left a crew they were the first to snap up the talent. And let’s put it like this, any crew that can lure the likes of Mimesis into their midst is deserving of credit. They didn’t boast the greatest roster to begin with, but their sheer tenacity in proving their worth led them to become one of the better crews on this site. So, they get the fourth spot in RapVerse’s 10 Most Influential Crews.