View Single Post
Old 11-11-08, 11:10 AM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

#3 – LyriKal DestruKtion

The first entry into the Top Three is the first crew I ever joined, LyriKal DestruKtion. Since a lot of the current members are somewhat new faces and many of the old heads have left, some of you may not know this crew. Still, the fact remains that this generally small-time crew has had some of the biggest influence on this site.
It was originally founded by long since left member, Killah Bwoy aka Kontroverzy. In his time he has been the brains behind several crews, but this was his first I believe and the very best. He optioned for an open door policy, willing to accept anyone into the crew who was going to prove to be dedicated. It didn’t matter if they were new, old, a less than average battler, a dope battler… he accepted them and got the best out of what they could do.
The crew was never built upon a solid roster, in general it didn’t really boast any really notable battlers for its times. A lot, if not all were new rookies looking to elevate themselves and earn respect. And that is what they did. With a line-up of battlers some people laughed at, LyriKal DestruKtion became the first crew to set an undefeated crew battle record of 5-0 before they disbanded. To some nowadays, that may not seem like much, but back in 2004 with the roster they had they were considered to be weak and nobody even expected them to get a single win, let alone put together a string of five.
I mean, this was a crew that nobody who was considered to be good took a look at. They bypassed the doors and joined bigger crews. Still though, LyriKal DestruKtion kept on going with loyal members like Killah Bwoy, Gkillaz05, Nick Fletcher (King Solo back then) and DeLeon. One of their notable surprise wins was when Nick Fletcher and DeLeon teamed up against the formidable duo of Branch Status’ own CounTREE Jay and mic-wrecker and ended up demolishing them in a 5-0 knockout.
So yes, for me they had a great influence during their time. They showed other crews that it didn’t matter whether you were average or dope, LyriKal D knew how to get the best out of what they had. They inspired other crews that followed, the likes of Destined2Rhyme and even the late Living Legends that you can still dominate without a supposedly dominant roster. They also showed newer members that with a little elevation, you can go a long way.