View Single Post
Old 09-09-05, 12:12 AM   #1
Thassarap
.The Movement.

everyone read this!

IP:

shows how messed up US politics are....
http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2004/ga10288.doc.htm
i dont expect any1 to read the whole thing, but this at least look at this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN

For the thirteenth straight year, the General Assembly today overwhelmingly adopted a resolution on the perennial necessity of ending the four-decade-old economic, commercial and financial embargo imposed by the United States against Cuba.

By a recorded vote of 179 in favour to four against (Israel, Marshall Islands, Palau and United States) with one abstention (Federates States of Micronesia), the Assembly expressed its concern that since its earliest resolution on the issue in 1991, further measures had been taken by the United States to strengthen and extend the restrictions, which adversely affected the Cuban people and Cuban nationals living in other countries.

basically, the US has gone against the UN's ruling to lift the embargo on Cuba for 13 years in a row....
Out of 183 countries, only 3 voted with the US, and all three are allies, most of which were occupied by the US military at some point...

i'm american, but i hate how we act superior to every other country
we helped create the UN to help world peace, but we wont obey them ourselves....