View Single Post
Old 08-13-03, 01:43 AM   #20
xkwest

IP:

good looking out on the comments.....naw... iam confident in the work i put to produce a beat... for me ... its more than cutting the sample and slapping drums.... for this particular beat... i've spent hours just tryna get the right warmth on the sample... that means fine tuning the beat with eq, compression, normalization, effects(reverbs, drops of flanger, drops of delays).... plus other effects i won't name... the "sound" as if its simple and almost like i just looped some shit... but the sample its self was chopped up to allow some flexibility and variations to the overall melody.... anyways there's actually no need to explain all this because its meaningless to the end user when hearing the product....
iam not expecting to be a millionaire off of net sales... and don't plan on selling myself short in selling my beats for a low amount... actually once you begin to realize what you produce is a representation of yourself(creativity)... the pretty much almost no amount of money willy satisfy your work.... it may sound as if iam speaking on a tangent... but this shit is real to me....

also another thing.... beats don't necessarily need to sound complex with all the sounds bouncing around to be marketable.... sometimes the combination of a simple sound and a good artist is what sells..... now this is my opinion..... have you heard that beat, "like glue" -sean paul .... listen to the instrumental.... how often do the drums change....??.. how major are the change ups?.... how ill is the beat?.... is that shit selling or gettin' radio play?....

/just speakin' my mind... there's no anger in the text... so don't take this the wrong way/