View Single Post
Old 02-23-11, 03:28 AM   #57
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP:

Now to reply to your other incredibly long post.

"I think its dumb Christians feel like all Christians, even the bad ones go to heaven, but good people of any other religion cant."

1. Not all people who "say" they are "christians" will go to heaven. Just because you say you are does not mean you are one. I know so many people that say they are christian but dont live like one. And for the bad ones, I'm one of them, I was a big time thief, made tens of thousands of dollars. When I accepted Jesus, my addiction to stealing evaporated and never stole from a store again. God changed me, and I'm not the same person I was before. Thats what Jesus does, when you accept Him in your life you change. But if you say your christian but continue to live that life, you're not really a christian.

From your post when you said you dont like how one religion thinks they personally know God. So you are saying, all religions could be right? You said you studied religion, but did you study the fact that they all contradict each other? There's no way they are all right. Theres no way 2 can be right. And for the fact why I am christian, I've studied the bible, I've studied other religions. I've studied Islam, Morminism, Jehovah's Witness, Buddhism, Catholicism, etc... Out of all the religion's I have studied about, Christianity is the only one to say you are saved by you faith, not by works for it is a gift by God. Christianity is the only religion to truly stick to the fact that God died for you and saved you and all you have to do is accept that by faith.

anyway about the crusades. Those people in the crusades were not Christians. A true genuine Christian would have not done what they did. They say they were Christian but they were not. Just because you sin less does not mean you are more protected by God. That is stupid to think you can be protected because you sin less. The Bible never says that. Perfect example they were not Christian. These people made up that fact to abuse the Word to their on selfish greed. So no, the armies of the crusades were not Christian.

Please bring up the Knights of the Templar, what do you have to say of them? And please show me a specific example in the Old Testament that you are talking about. I would love to see it, because I don't know what you are claiming with that statement.

The bible, even in the old testament does not claim you can go to heaven by being a good person. They had things called "sacrifices." These sacrifices they had were of animals so that their sins would be forgiven. Later in the New testament, Jesus becomes the perfect sacrifice for our sins so we dont need to sacrifice animals for our sins anymore. So even Jews knew they were not good enough in the Old Testament, because if they were, why did they sacrifice animals?

Yes The ENTIRE BIBLE (OT AND NT) are the Words of God. The Old testament, were full of laws, the new testament, jesus said we are not bound by those laws anymore. The laws of the old testament was a guideline before Jesus came, before the Holy Spirit came to convict us and teach us on how to Live. After J esus came, the laws of the OT dont matter anymore. If you actually study the OT, you will see prophecies concerning the messiah "Jesus." The Jews were awaiting a messiah, so that when he came, they would not be bound by those laws anymore. So no, God didnt change His mind. He knew what He was doing. And He didnt let just any christians in yet. Did you know Jesus preached to the Jews of salvation before the gentiles who are non-jews? So he preached to the Jews first so Jews may inherit salvation first. Please get that part right. Jesus didnt close his relationship, we did. Like I said that verse from romans how we chose to worship the creation instead of the creator. We rejected and denied God. He didnt deny us. We chose not to accept Him as our savior, he died for us so we can have a relationship with Him. Thats Christianity.

You cant possibly support one part of Christianity and deny the other parts, Christianity comes as a whole. The same reason not all religions lead to heaven. Not all "gods" lead to heaven except the One "God" Jesus.

I know Jews that read the torah, so I dont get what your saying how Jews dont let women read it. But im sure you believe there "has to be a God." If there is a God, would he really allow people to worship so many different gods, a god they created in their head? Or would he want them to worship HIM the True God that has always existed with wisdom he wrote through his Word?

Bro, you said you've done studying on Holy Scriptures of many different religions, on their origins. But you've gotten so many things wrong from what I read. BTW, I didnt say people are foolish, the bible said it and I stand by that. WHy? Because the Bible is the Word of God and so that means God said it Himself. If you would want me to prove to you the inerrancy of the Bible I'd love to do that if you would ask.

So yes, I have studied many religions, and from that, I know why I am a christian. I know why I believe in Jesus as Lord and savior. I am studying religion, and I do study to defend the faith and the hope of what I believe in.

But bro, you said your not gonna reply to this but I'm sure your going to read this. GOd loves you man. Jesus loves you, He died for you becuase he loves you! WHen we didn't deserve it, he came down to earth to die for you! Isn't that love amazing enough? All we have to do is accept Him in our lives as our savior and repent of our sins and thats it! After that everything follows bro! All of my replies was to simply to defend against what you stated. I never wanted to get into this deep because I knew of how much work I'd have to do just to type. But dude, Jesus loves you man.

"For God so loved the world He gave His one and only Son, so that whomever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16..

God loves you man, if you have any questions just hit me up, even message me and i'll be more than glad to get back at you. Just please think about this. I'm praying for you bro, and I do hope you consider this. Jesus died because he loved you. Jesus created you so he can have a relationship with you. God bless homie! Think about it.

- Chris

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote