View Single Post
Old 09-05-03, 07:06 PM   #57
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

IP:

Quote:
Originally posted by Crysis
you guys i love america and im proud to be american but you guys just cant see that we are all getting screwed over....but i never said we are the only country screwin our ppl over....every country does! the world is fucked......so is every country in it.......but im still proud to be an american b/c we have common sense.....see japan might be the leading technology..but power overrides everyth9ing.....we bombed japan and now we practically own them and they give us the technology....america is a great place and if i had to i would fight to protect it...but i still think when it comes to laws and money we are all gettin fucked up the ass by the government

WTF? How can you compare commercial electronics advancement of Japan, to the overall technological breakthoughs of the US. I am not attacking the brilliance of Japenesse Engineering, as an Engineer myself I hold them with high regard. I just can't believe you actually think they are on the cutting edge of overall technology... The US is the world leader in Technological advancements and research, we are years and years ahead of everybody in that Arena. Not in every segment or industry, but overall, and where the research is most crucial. Consumer electronics is not our forte since our wages paid in this country are too high to compete with the world markets. We acknoledge and accept that in general terms. We would never allow ourselves to fall behind in such areas, critical to national defense, secuirity, communicatons, space exploration, and so many other area's. Our power is derrived from technology, what other country has allocated the dollars needed to add smartweapons to an all ready powerfull arsenal. Not a one, has spent as much money looking for ways to LIMIT death counts. Those weapons stratigeclly inhanced to hit a specific target are just one more way America has tried to make war more humane. I know it's a contrdiction of terms, but in a imperfect world our sole measurement is less or more (humane). These weapons are more, although you may say not all hit intended targets, there is always a percentage of error in every science, and less destruction is certainly better than more. Just one of my thoughts..

I know you can all agree this is not a perfect world, so how can you adopt a perfect world policy. We live to the times, this is a dangerous world and sometimes action is taken. Not everyone is going to agree, but why should we denounce a nation because of it? Should we have denounced the dismantleing of the German army after the war?