View Single Post
Old 06-19-03, 06:10 PM   #15
deacon
I Am The Light

IP:

Wow great verses to both of you///////

The Necromancer:
It's great to see the differences between cultural beliefs and in the matter that you conferred it was very avant-garde. This piece not only is filled with spiritual sentiment but also historical intelligence. The visual effect and the process of interaction between self and a higher being.i enjoyed reading this piece and felt it had all the elements to a good written full of imagery, emotion, realism, im going to give this piece an 8.4 very nicely executed.

DaGyrlRemarqabL:
Yet again another nice piece, i think these are only getting better as this tourny moves on. DA you put together a strong piece here from the begining to the end. You always seem to stay true with structure giving each line something new to ruminate over. Great imagery through out the whole piece you describe the ups and downs of modern day trivia perfectly and truly. I i lost a bit of emotion though on a particular line:

"Now more wild, Ive seen a man who humps her, then dumps her,
And 9 months later, their baby's thrown into the dumpster"

Although there is truth in this and it has happened i feel it could have been presented with a better choice of words/rhyme. it was really the only part that through me off. The ending was good i acknowledged your feelings of the matter but i said the sky not a cloud ."YOU LOSE"
joking joking and joking

Im giving this piece an 8.5 i felt it was overall a strong piece and DaGyrlRemarqabL deserves a spot in the next round.

finalaGyrlRemarqabL wins but this was not an easy task for me both had their strengths but a draw would not sufice.

-1-