View Single Post
Old 09-05-03, 11:42 PM   #7
DaGyrlRemarqabL
..A New Breed of Femcee..

IP:

Uben~
Not a bad verse for someone who wasn't sure what 'recognition' was..I agree with Sureal, you could have put a little more emotion and descriptiveness into it, but you still hit on some key points and had some lines that really showed what kind of things the speaker was going through.

:but it was everythin to me to be like them
i felt like da stuffed animal on the side with its eye off the sem

That was by FAR my favorite line..the first part touching on an important aspect of the theme of "recognition"..being like "them"..and the second part just with great imagery, I loved that comparison.

:i lost my friends for sumthan i dreamed

I liked that line also, good point made..
I didnt particularly like the way you ended it, I thought the wording was just kind of awkward, coulda been said better, and also could have been more conclusive, It kinda just left you hanging...But this wasn't at all a bad piece..Nice interpretation of the topic, you made a lot of good references thru-out, just some minor improvements could have been made. Nice job and effort tho.
Overall, I give this piece a 7.

Understatement/Jack Hanna~
Whoa Buddy..If you would have wrote a verse like that when you were battling me last tourny, you might have just won! (well no, but it was really good....jk) GREAT, great portrayal of the "price of recognition" in your verse...

:setting blazes in the hearts of listeners, with dry ice..
soul missing in each fret, strung out in with every vice..

^Incredible line right there. Many lines like this one thru-out the entire piece..The ending was really powerful, perfect way to conclude and leave the reader in awe. You surely did the concept of recognition and relating it to the abuse of music, justice. I was really impressed. Nice job man.
Overall, I give this verse a 9

Since Understatement's verse scored higher by my standards,
He will recieve my vote..Uben, great verse tho, you added to the talent in this thread.

VOTE: UNDERSTATEMENT/ JACK HANNA