View Single Post
Old 02-25-05, 01:14 AM   #13
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Beat sounds liek a Dre beat. First verse, flow is on. Just get kinda redundant. Sounds like some EQing on the high end would have opened em up a bit because they sound a bit muffled. Hooks were dope. Obviously an emcee that uses his vocal range well and knows what he can/can't do with it. Second verse reminded me of the first. Vocals still sounded "flat" but it soudns liek an EQ prob or the mic, not a deliv problem. The deliv on the other hand has some aspects of it that I don't personally like. Trying to think how to explain it. Um...the words hug the syls, like..in one line I just cought it said "you've achieved the roots of the rap we spiiiittin" and "pay a-motherfuckin-teeennntion". It dosen't sound liek the way one would naturally speak and that's what turns me off about it - but this seems to be a prefferential issue since some people DON'T liek it when people spit liek they'd speak by not stretching the syls liek that, and some DON'T like the when people wit the stretch. I fall into that second catagory.

The third verse delivered liek a person would naturally speak, so I favored it. It didn't feel like an act or a performance. Felt almost liek natural convo that just happened to rhyme and had a point and focus to it, which I like. A lot. As a matter of fact, the verse even starts off like normal convo then transitions into a full out lryical convo. I like it.

All in all an OK track - but that's based on my disdain for the syl-stretch. If it was all convo style I'd have loved it.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote