View Single Post
Old 10-21-07, 03:34 PM   #18
Sik Wit It

IP:

okay.... the chain is obvious we already know that ish. he already admitted to that shit..

& zone htf would you know.. you aint even bout Weezy like dat and yet "Anybody that didnt know Gillie used to write Wayne's shit is a fuckin retard."

Edited 3 hours later...

A degree of controversy has arisen surrounding Lil Wayne's lyrics, mostly due to another rapper, Gillie Da Kid, claiming that he has written some of Lil Wayne's material. This has neither been confirmed nor disproven, although both Wayne and Gillie remain firm in their views. Members of the Hot Boys & Sqad Up (Lil Wayne's old "crew") have previously stated that Lil Wayne has never needed a ghost writer. Lil Wayne can be seen wearing a diamond-studded pendant belonging to Gillie in one of his music videos [citation needed], although this does not necessarily have any correlation with the ghostwriting issue. Wayne also addresses his situation with Gillie on multiple tracks throughout Da Drought 3. During their dispute, Gillie also alleged that Lil Wayne may have been molested at a young age by his mentor Baby. This was in reference to the photo released in November of 2006, which showed the two rappers exchanging a kiss.

Constantly being accused of having a ghostwriter for his most critically acclaimed albums, Tha Carter, and Tha Carter II, Wayne attempts to dispel the rumors in this quote directed at Gillie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Wayne
I don’t get it. How you could write for me and I don’t write? I’m rich as a muthafucka, and you wrote for me? Then why aren’t you rich? If I wrote for a nigga and this nigga’s on top of the world right now, I’d be like, “Where’s my fuckin’ money? Where’s my benefits?” I heard this nigga do an interview and say he got like $30 thousand a song. Show me one of them $30 thousand checks you got from writing for me. Show me, ’cause I don’t know what you wrote for me. I don’t write nothing, dawg. The only time I touch the pad is for someone else.