Thread: Vinyl Vs. CD's
View Single Post
Old 09-01-05, 12:57 PM   #2
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuity
werd wachu think better fuckin with Vinyl or take to the new age with CD's?

now a days hip-hop heads usually frown upon the c-dj's...but if you really want to make a career out of dj'ing (i.e. weddings, parties, dances, ) c-dj's are what your gonna want....but if you want to dj @ a club, or scratch. then your gonna want vynil...th eonly advantage i see to c-dj's is that they dont have to carry around crates, and crates or records. and everything is easier becuase it mixes everything automatically ect.

true hip-hop is turntables and vynil which you cant beat...when you go to a club and you see a dj spinnin theres nothin like it but when you go to some girls batmitzfa and see some dude in a yamica with a laptop and c-dj thats lame as fuck....

ima stay with vynil...although there is this device called rane, you hook it up to your mixer into your comp and it lets you scratch over any mp3 and record it. and the scratchin is actually good i mean it doesnt sound fake, rane measuers the beats, pitch, speed and calculates what the actuall scratch sounds like and replicates it....with c-dj's they have some crappy preset almost and it sucks when you try to "scratch"

im vynil all the way, savin up for rane so i can record my shit
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote