Thread: Vinyl Vs. CD's
View Single Post
Old 09-01-05, 11:42 PM   #5
PeRsEvErAnCe
Flyweight

IP:

ok ok, look. Cdj's mix on it's own. which is ok. but then u won't need a dj. now let's go to the engineering level. the theory is dat lower frequencies dat we can't hear affects wat we can hear. now... cd's are high frequencies amped and digital. vinyl is cut, and played via needle. the vinyl doesn't create as much unhearable frequences, therefore when u blast it.... it sound crystal clear. also.... scratches on cdj's are not real. a scratch is not only the sound being depicted gettin distorted. it's also the material it's on, the type of needle, and how much force u puttin on da vinyl. also... u can see the lines on vinyl... and if u know anything about scratch djing... the dj puts a sticky on the spot where he wants to scratch. where would u put that sticky on a cd? no place at all. only thing good about cd dj's is that u don't have to replace needles. if u wana jus play music then get a cd player. if u wanna get down, back to da art as stated above. get vinyl. o jea, vinyl is expensive too.. shit. but jea, i still pick vinyl. i mean.... i produce. and i can't get any quality samples from a cd. but i can find an old vinyl record from da 30's and make another beat. VINYL ALL DA FUCKIN WAY.