View Single Post
Old 09-04-03, 07:04 AM   #22
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

IP:

I know they aint be teaching this scheiße in schools but...

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/

~~~
Buoyed by victories in World Wars I and II and the end of the Cold War in 1991, the US remains the world's most powerful nation-state. The economy is marked by steady growth, low unemployment and inflation, and rapid advances in technology.
~~~
air pollution resulting in acid rain in both the US and Canada; the US is the largest single emitter of carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels; water pollution from runoff of pesticides and fertilizers; very limited natural fresh water resources in much of the western part of the country require careful management; desertification (In other words, unless we be willing to pay billions of dollars on purifying salt water, we be screwed.)
~~~
white 77.1%, black 12.9%, Asian 4.2%, Amerindian and Alaska native 1.5%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.3%, other 4% (2000)
note: a separate listing for Hispanic is not included because the US Census Bureau considers Hispanic to mean a person of Latin American descent (including persons of Cuban, Mexican, or Puerto Rican origin) living in the US who may be of any race or ethnic group (white, black, Asian, etc.)
~~~
Protestant 56%, Roman Catholic 28%, Jewish 2%, other 4%, none 10% (1989)
~~~
Dependent areas: American Samoa, Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands, Navassa Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Wake Island (In other words you best respect me or else I'll tell all my fellow American Samoans to stop giving you fish.)
~~~
The US has the largest and most technologically powerful economy in the world, with a per capita GDP of $37,600. (Also note that we are capitilist, not communist. If we were communist, the government would take ALL our money, instead of just a sizeable portion. Then again, we would also be reimbursed with everything we need to live. Which not everyone has.)
~~~
The years 1994-2000 witnessed solid increases in real output, low inflation rates, and a drop in unemployment to below 5%. The year 2001 saw the end of boom psychology and performance, with output increasing only 0.3% and unemployment and business failures rising substantially. (Which may or may not be a nice way of saying, Clinton good, Bush bad.)
~~~
Population below poverty line: 12.7% (2001 est.) (That's way too much in my opinion.)
~~~
Exports - commodities: capital goods, automobiles, industrial supplies and raw materials, consumer goods, agricultural products (What it DOESN'T say is that the biggest export America has is trash. Literal garbage.)
~~~
Military expenditures - dollar figure: $276.7 billion (Suddenly a billion dollars a week to attack Iraq doesn't seem as expensive.)
~~~
Illicit drugs: consumer of cocaine shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean; consumer of heroin, marijuana, and increasingly methamphetamine from Mexico; consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin; illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamine; money-laundering center (So wait... if I buy drugs imported from SOUTH AMERICA, according the government, I support terrorist in THE MIDDLE EAST. How the FUCK do they figure THAT?!?!)

Und das ist alles.

~Shalom~