View Single Post
Old 09-04-03, 01:06 PM   #24
Jes
Light Weight

IP:

^^^ there are many government instituted programs for the homeless and unemployed other than gov. aid. Some will train those to get a job as well as pay for rehabilitation for drug abuse. And despite all that we still have people with out homes and bordering on poverty. I do agree some of the financial brackets need adjusting, but I feel it'll eventually come in time, mid-class is the ruling class.

The average homeless person makes 10 an hour. thats more than Mcdonald's could ever give. Some people choose to live that way. I mean I have a very big heart and I feel compassion towards humanity, but I've seen the same guy standing on the same corner, with his same vietnam vet sign, he's notorious. It was rumored that a pizzaboy actually delivered pizza to this vietnam vets house, and discovered he was living decent.

So yeah B-squared, there is still homelessness, and as long as there are lazy people and drug abusers, homelessness is here to stay. But you have to see that our homeless people are better treated and live alot better than say those in parts of Africa.