View Single Post
Old 07-21-08, 03:43 AM   #13
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP:

yung medikated...it looks like you actually put quite a bit of effort into your piece. I see what you were trying to do with the wordplay and metaphors, but your main problem was the fact that you took an unimaginative approach to your drop...i couldn't draw any deep meaning from your piece at all. when you next write a topical piece, before you do so i think it would be beneficial for you to brainstorm using a spider diagram or something to work out all the possible angles you can approach the topic from. Also, you should up your vocabulary in order to make the ideas you portray much more vivid in the mind of whoever reads or hears your drop. with time you'll get the hang of this, but it just takes practice.

If more people had signed up to this comp you would have faced an opponent closer to your level, but sometimes you have to be thrown into the deep end of the pool to learn how to swim.

"Keith Moon" ( lol)

your piece was a much more solid drop, with a more profound message behind it. Your imagery was a lot stronger. I liked the emotion in this drop. It's like an eulogy for humanity in the dawn of technology.

this wasn't a fairly weighted battle in terms of skill but that's the way the cookie crumbles

v/ Keith