View Single Post
Old 11-16-04, 04:49 PM   #14
schema
howdy

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
This might be possible... but what's the difference between this and the credit system already in place? Currently you need to vote in 5 battles before you can start a new battle.

because once the noob phase is over where you are so excited that you run around voting on everything to get money or raise your post count (many of these votes being unexplained or just bad votes because when youre a noob you dont really know what youre talking about and youre in a rush to raise your money and post counts) people stop voting...me for example I have 70 or 80 credits...and I dont battle that much so I pretty much never have to vote again...I dont vote much more than I have to so I almost never vote on anything....but if I had to vote twice and post links before each battle Id:

A)vote more and
B)get in the pattern of voting a lot and maybe vote more even when im not battling just because Im used to it...
C)never run around making superfluous battles 10 at a time because having to actually do 20 votes before you start them is way more of an impact then "Hey I just lost 20 battle credits"...

the hard part about coding this would probably be making sure people arent using the same links over and over...what I thought of is maybe it would be possible to integrate it with the timer system so that you cant use battles that have been closed longer than a certain amount of time....this wouldnt eliminate the problem but it would certainly reduce it...

Id be glad to talk with you over e-mail or some kind of messenger program to hammer out the specifics a little bit more but this is where my idea is at so far...

Short Answer:
Look at the difference between FL and EFL...most vets never vote because they have enough battle credits that they never have to...this puts everybody on more of a level playing field...breathes new life into EFL and stabilizes FL a little bit...the huge problem in EFL is why I think a lot of middleweights and vets are behind this idea...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote